Sonja's Outdoor World

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nursing Update

Well, I've been incognito for awhile because Annabelle and I have been working on nursing and healing from our hard week. The lactation consultant at Rose Medical Center was able to help us a ton. She got me set up with a rental electric pump so that I can beef up my milk supply. Then we worked on not forcing the breast and respecting Annie and her desire to nurse. I have guidelines on when to pump, and how long to let Annie go before I offer her a bottle of breast milk. So far things have been much better. I still feel a bit hailed from the whole experience but I think we are getting into the clear again. Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and well wishes. And Thank You to my friends for giving me my space while we worked this out, that is what works best for me!
(Hugs)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home