Sonja's Outdoor World

Monday, August 07, 2006

Cabin Blues

We were supposed to go to our family cabin this weekend, but I came down with a vicious sore throat, slight fever, aches, stuffiness, head pressure, and nasty head ache. I never get sick, so it was a total bummer to have to back out of a cabin weekend that we had been planning with some friends for some time now.
Also, the word from our cabin neighbors is that who ever was at the cabin last left a light on and the front curtains open, so Troy and I were really hoping to get up there and take care of things. I can't imagine what the electric bill is going to be this month!
Also a bummer, I found out several days ago that a wedding we were supposed to attend this coming Saturday has been postponed. Apparently the grooms brother died in an auto accident over the weekend and they are needing to get through that tragedy first, before they feel they can go on with the wedding. We were planning on visiting Troys parents after the wedding, so now it looks like we will be taking a trip to Loveland just to see them, instead of multi-tasking.
I am finally starting to get over my sickness, 4 days later. I'm glad Annabelle and Troy stayed healthy, I must have not been contagious. I think it was just that fact that I was getting worn down from many sleepless nights, lots of hiking, moving, selling the house. It finally hit me, and I just needed to rest for awhile.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home